Monday, June 25, 2007

 

Raw denim coffee cozy

Please note, my blog has moved to www.DocPop.org/blog Check it out for my newest writing. Please don't link to this blog entry, you can use http://www.docpop.org/2007/06/24/raw-denim-coffee-cozy.html instead.



I've always felt a little wasteful for heavily using those disposable coffee cup cozies, so I decided to make my own using scraps from tailored jeans.

Introducing the world's first selvage coffee jacket!

Of course I used scraps from raw denim jeans that I had tailored, and I used the new chain stitch machine for all the sewing. It's easy to carry around, I either keep it in my left rear pocket or I wear it like a wrist band. It totally does the job, keeps my drinks warm (or cool) and my hands lukewarm.

The photos are from my fave local coffee shop, Nervous Dog Coffee. Joe at Nervous Dog is big in to recycling, so he loved the cozy.





update: Thanks for checking out my coffee cozy. Please note that my blog has moved to DocPop.org/blog. Click here to see some of my newer crafts (and denim related projects). Or check out my Etsy account at www.DocPopCrafts.com!

Labels:


Comments:
Love it! Great design. I'm with you--I hate using those disposable coffee sleeves too.
 
man, i so much want one of those... to be honest, i really like all of your self-made stuff!
 
Wow! That's nice! If you are a coffee lover you may enjoy these health coffee facts:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
Science