Tuesday, May 29, 2007
28 Days of Yo project and eBay
I've finally started my 28 Days of Yo blogging project on doctorpopular.blogspot.com yesterday.
The goal of the project is simply to write about a different special yo-yo in my collection once a day for 28 days.
Um... we'll see how that goes.
In other news, my laptop is still busted, thus I have put some yo-yos on eBay that I never ever thought I'd be selling. You can see all of my eBay auctions here.
I've just finished Neil Gaiman's "Marvel 1602" and Eisner's "New York", but I couldn't muddle my way through McCloud's "Reinventing Comics".
1602 is Gaiman's "what if the marvel universe took place at around the same time as the first european settlers came to Norht America". It's not supposed to be funny, but it is smothered with Marvel references that can get old real fast. Sometimes it feels like Gaiman is jabbing you with his shoulder and saying "Do you get it? Huh? That's funny, maybe you didn't get it, it's a reference!".
I'm still looking for Eisner's quintessential stories. New York had some good stuff, but nothing long and touching enough to be his best work. I've never noticed before, but Eisner and Craig Thompson have an almost identical style. Replace the 50 year old jewish immigrants with 21 year old Christian midwesterners and you've got "Blankets".
The goal of the project is simply to write about a different special yo-yo in my collection once a day for 28 days.
Um... we'll see how that goes.
In other news, my laptop is still busted, thus I have put some yo-yos on eBay that I never ever thought I'd be selling. You can see all of my eBay auctions here.
I've just finished Neil Gaiman's "Marvel 1602" and Eisner's "New York", but I couldn't muddle my way through McCloud's "Reinventing Comics".
1602 is Gaiman's "what if the marvel universe took place at around the same time as the first european settlers came to Norht America". It's not supposed to be funny, but it is smothered with Marvel references that can get old real fast. Sometimes it feels like Gaiman is jabbing you with his shoulder and saying "Do you get it? Huh? That's funny, maybe you didn't get it, it's a reference!".
I'm still looking for Eisner's quintessential stories. New York had some good stuff, but nothing long and touching enough to be his best work. I've never noticed before, but Eisner and Craig Thompson have an almost identical style. Replace the 50 year old jewish immigrants with 21 year old Christian midwesterners and you've got "Blankets".